Chef Name: Antonio Prontelli
Title: Executive Chef
Restaurant Name: Rock Center Café
Location: Rockefeller Center, NYC
Restaurant Website: www.rockcentercafe.com
"It's a pleasure working with Fossil Farms - they consistently deliver on their promise of quality, sustainably-raised meats. I love that they butcher the chickens to order, so I know I'm getting the freshest ingredients for my guests."
– Antonio Prontelli / Executive Chef / Rock Center Café
Chef Antonio Prontelli Bio
Born in the Bronx to Italian immigrants from Tuscany, Antonio Prontelli has always been passionate for all things culinary. Prontelli received his degree from The Culinary Institute of America in 1992, and began his career at Restaurant Associates' Mama Leone's, where he created their signature pasta dishes. He then took a position at the American Festival Café, now Rock Center Café, and quickly rose to Executive Chef. In 2014, Chef Prontelli became the Executive Chef of Patina Restaurant Group’s Rockefeller Complex, overseeing Rock Center Café, The Sea Grill, and Cucina & Co.
Chicken Milanese with Wild Arugula, Tomatoes, Parmigiano, Tomato Vinaigrette
1 each 3-3.5 lb. Fossil Farms Chicken
3 oz. all-purpose flour
2 each whole eggs
4 oz. Panko breadcrumbs
3 oz. Wild Arugula
1⁄2 head Frisee lettuce
2 oz. parmigiano reggiano
12 each grape tomatoes, split in half
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
2 oz. blended oil
2 oz. whole butter
2 lemon halves
- Remove the breast from whole chicken leaving the Frenched wing bone attached.
- Remove the skin and butterfly the breast. Using a mallet, gently pound thin keeping the thickness of the breast as evenly as possible.
- Season the breast with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and set up a standard breading station; flour, beaten eggand breadcrumbs. Dredge the breasts with flour. Dip both sides in the beaten eggs, then coat well with panko breadcrumbs.
- In a large sauté pan, heat up the oil over medium heat till ripples start to form. Add the butter and the breaded chicken breast. Cook slowly till golden brown approx. 6-8 min, then turn for another 4-6 min. Make sure the oil is not too hot or the chicken gets too dark before it is fully cooked. Once the chicken is cooked, remove and place on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- In a small bowl, add the wild arugula, Frisee, and tomatoes, and toss with a little of the dressing so that it is lightly coated; season with salt and pepper.
- Place salad covering 1⁄2 of the chicken breast leaving the wing bone exposed. Grate the parmigiana over the salad and chicken and garnish with 1⁄2 lemon.
1.5 oz. red wine vinegar
2 oz. olive oil
1 oz. Tomato Juice
6 leaves Fresh oregano, chiffonade
6 leaves Fresh basil, chiffonade
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix the tomato juice, red wine vinegar and herbs, then slowly whisk in the olive oil till emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, then reserve on the side.
|Shopping cart is empty.|