The Fossil Farms Market and Kitchen team follows our golden rule of cooking: source the best of what’s in season, keep it simple, and make it with TLC.
With the launch of our new Discovery Box subscription, we’re excited to share this cooking philosophy with our amazing local customers.
Our team is proud to have access to the highest quality all natural meats, pasture raised wild game, sustainable seafood, local seasonal produce, and local artisan gourmet goods available in the marketplace, and we’re honored to offer them to our local community with this exclusive new bi-weekly Discovery Box.
It doesn’t get easier than having this curated experience be automatically delivered to your home! Why waste time and effort going to the grocery store for the same old products when you can buy local and support products that are wild, natural and sustainable? With over 250 years of culinary know-how, our team are the ultimate personal shoppers…so what are you waiting for? Sign Up below and Get Your Game On”
You simply cannot find these artisanal products from small scale, local producers at a big-box grocery store. We’ve spent years building meaningful relationships and true partnerships with each producer and have hand selected every product to ensure the highest level of unique quality with each Discovery Box you receive.
As always, these products are sourced with our commitment to all natural, seasonal and sustainable farming, ranching, fishing, and production practices.
Artisans & Farmers
Third generation farmer who grows and harvests an array of seasonal non-GMO fruits and vegetables.
Producer of amazing fresh, specialty pasta, made with select imported Italian flours that are all GMO free.
Mike’s Pasta & Sandwich Shoppe
Artisanal bread baker and pizza maker whose fermented dough is made from certified organic grain.
Nina & Jonathan White
Founders of a wholesome operation in which a respect for sustainably raised animals and sourcing of grain for breads and pastries is their guiding principle.
Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse
John & Donna Coco
Passionate beekeepers who manage more than 400 hives and offer a product line raw honey, infused honeys and a variety of beeswax-based products.
Top of the Mountain Honey
Purveyors of high quality seafood with a diverse suite of products harvested at their seasonal peak, serving customers exciting diversity that changes with the seasons.
Gulf of Maine Sashimi
Dave & Danielle Zelov
Family owned and operated farm that grows certified organic vegetables, herbs and cut flowers with a CSA program, available for pick-up at the farm or local farmers markets.
Kittatinny Mountain Farm
This bi-weekly subscription service offers an array of different products with each Discovery Box that’s delivered directly to your home on our professional fleet of vehicles. From locally produced pantry staples and shelf stable items, like jam and honey, to seasonal produce and sustainable meats for a fancy dinner at home, quality and variety is what we strive to provide with each and every delivery.
Watch your gourmet pantry grow over time and let us curate the best of what’s in season with delicious recipe ideas so you can enjoy cooking and eating!
The Discovery Box for 8.4.21 includes the following:
- Fossil Farms, Pork Tenderloin, 1 ea
- Fossil Farms, Elk Rib Chop, 2 ea
- Fossil Farms, Duck Legs, 6 ea
- Fossil Farms, Chicken Eggs, Brown, 1 dz
- Fossil Farms, Berkshire Pork Bacon, Sliced, 1 lb
- Jersey Girl Cheese, Cultured Butter, 1 lb
- Fossil Farms Market & Kitchen, Hoisin Sauce, 1 cup
- Local Farms, Cucumber, 1 ea
- Local Farms, Bird's Eye Chilies, 2 ea
- Kittatinny Mountain Farms, Scallions, 1 bunch
- Kittatinny Mountain Farms, Local Greens, 5 oz
- Fossil Farms Market & Kitchen, Watermelon Gazpacho, 1 QT
- Race Farms, Jersey Tomatoes, 3 ea
- Jasmine Rice, 8 oz
- Race Farms, Jersey Corn, 1 ear
- Kittatinny Mountain Farms, Peaches, 2 ea
- Race Farms, Sugar Snap Peas, 8 oz
- Local Farms, Herb bundle, 2 oz
- Bobolink Dairy & Bake House, Cheese Ciabatta, 1 ea
- Foraged Feast, Wild Foraged Mushrooms, 8 oz
- Jersey Girl Cheese, Burrata, 1 ea
- Emily's Hearth, Seeded Crackers, 1 ea
- Limes, 2 ea
* Subject to change based on seasonal market conditions – we promise to only deliver the best of what’s in season!
How It Works
- The Fossil Farms Market + Kitchen Discovery Box is delivered bi-weekly (every two weeks) directly to our customers’ homes on our professional fleet of vehicles.
- Each Discovery Box includes enough Protein and Produce for approximately 18 - 20 individual meals for 2 people (3 breakfasts, 2-3 lunches and 4 dinners).
- Plus a ton of great shelf stable staples to build your gourmet pantry over the course of the subscription service.
- All Discovery Boxes are carefully packaged in our state-of-the-art distribution center and hand delivered to your doorstep.
- Recipe Ideas and Inspiration will be included with each Discovery Box.
- At this time, we are offering Discovery Box delivery to our customers in Northern, NJ via Local Delivery Service on our fleet of vehicles. We do not offer UPS Delivery or In Store Pick Up for the Discovery Box.
Eligible Delivery Area:
Pricing – Choose the Subscription Plan that Works Best for You!
- 1 Box - $250 ($13.88 / serving)
- 3 Months (6 Boxes) - $240 / box ($13.33 / serving)
- 6 Months (12 Boxes) - $230 / box ($12.77 / serving)
- 1 Year (26 Boxes) - $220 / box ($12.22 / serving)
- The Fossil Farms team will charge your account every 14 days from original purchase date for the duration of the subscription.
- Our fulfillment team will personally call you to provide an estimated delivery time with each Discovery Box.
- Pause your subscription at any time through your user profile, in case of vacation or travel.
- Cancel your subscription at any time* restrictions apply.
- (cancellations >7 days prior to next delivery date will cancel immediately)
- (cancellations <7 days prior to next delivery date will cancel on next cycle)
- All NEW orders must be placed by 12pm EST the Friday before the next scheduled Discovery Box delivery.
2021 Winter – Spring Schedule
- Subsequent Discovery Boxes will be delivered every two weeks thereafter:
- Wednesday, 8.4.21
- Wednesday, 8.18.21
- Wednesday, 9.1.21
- Wednesday, 9.15.21
- Wednesday, 9.29.21
- Proteins: Burgers, Bison, Tuna, Striped Bass, Lobster, Wild Boar
- Produce: Peppers, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Garlic, Squash, Basil, Salad Greens, Peaches
- Artisan Goods: Gazpacho, Jalapeno Poppers, Mozzarella, Emily’s Focaccia, Bobolinks Ciabatta
- Pantry Staples: Honey, Jams, Salsa, Pickles
- Proteins: Piedmontese Beef, Elk, Chicken, Scallops, Lamb, Berkshire Pork
- Produce: Jersey Sweet Corn, Hot Peppers, Tomatoes, Squash, Herbs, Chicken of the Woods Mushrooms
- Artisan Goods: Pesto, Butter, Burrata, Salsa Ceniza, Melon, Procuitto
- Pantry Staples: Tzatziki, BBQ Sauce, Romesco Sauce, Watermelon Gazpacho, Steak Butter
Can I choose which products I want in the box?
The Discovery Box is a curated selection of the best of what’s in season. We do not offer changes or modifications to the list of products included in each box. If you have allergies or special dietary requirements and have questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 973-917-3155.
How am I charged for each box?
You will create a user profile for your Discovery Box subscription. Your billing information is securely saved and charged every 14 days from original purchase date for the duration of the subscription.
What if the product is damaged or defective upon receipt?
The Fossil Farms team needs to be notified within 24 hours of delivery with any claims. We may require additional information, such as photos and other documentation of the issue.
Can I cancel my subscription?
Yes! Just log on to your user profile and cancel at any time.
Can I pause my subscription?
Yes! Just log on to your user profile and pause at any time.
Can I add on to my Discovery Box Subscription Delivery?
Yes! When initially setting up your subscription you can add any products from our website and they will be delivered along with your first Discovery Box (these additional products will be delivered only once, not with subsequent Discovery Box deliveries.)
What if I want to add products to future Discovery Box Deliveries?
We got you covered! Just call our Customer Service team at 973-917-3155 and they will be happy to assist you in ordering additional products with your previously scheduled home delivery. We kindly ask that you let us know if any additions at least 2 days prior to the next scheduled delivery.
Do you offer Cooking Tips and/or Recipes for the products in each Discovery Box?
Yes, each Discovery Box will include our Chefs’ tips for how to make the most out of the curated selection of products. You can, also, check out our RECIPE LIBRARY or give our team a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-917-3155. We have over 250 years of culinary know-how in the building and are always game to talk about delicious food!
Questions? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help!