Spring Pea Hummus & Baby Artichoke Salad
Prep Time: 30-35 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
½ cup snow peas
½ cup sugar snap peas
½ fennel bulb
1 cup baby artichokes
3 qt. water
2 qt. ice water
Spring Pea Hummus:
1½ cups English peas
1 lemon, juiced & zested
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. tahini
2 tsp. salt
1 pear, cored & peeled
1 cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
Measuring spoons & cups
Method (Spring Pea Hummus):
1. In a small pot over medium high heat, boil the 1 quart of water with 1 teaspoon salt. Add the English peas and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Strain the peas and place into a blender. Add lemon, garlic, olive oil, and tahini. Blend on high until hummus is smooth, then season with salt to taste.
3. Store the hummus in a small plastic container and set aside in the fridge until serving.
Method (Pear Vinaigrette):
1. In a small pot, boil 1 quart of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add snow peas and sugar snap peas into boiling water and cook for 1½ minutes. Remove from heat and strain, then add them into a large bowl with ice water to shock.
2. Peel the outer leaves of the artichokes and repeat the same process of blanching as in step one.
3. With a mandolin, thinly shave fennel into ice water, so they curl.
4. Add pear, olive oil, lemon, mustard, honey and thyme into blender and blend until dressing has emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add snow and sugar snap peas, artichokes and fennel. Dress with pear vinaigrette and season with salt pepper.
6. In a serving bowl place the spring pea hummus on the bottom, top with salad and enjoy!