Whether you’re making your own homemade bacon or roasting some Pork Belly, you cannot beat the quality of our Duroc Pork. With the skin on, you can achieve that crispy, crunchy, crackling. With all the great cuts of pork, we regard the belly as the best. After all, it’s where bacon comes from!
Smoked Pork Belly with Moppin’ Sauce
Download printable .pdf file here.
1 Fossil Farms’ 3.5 lb Skin on Duroc Pork Belly
2 cups Kosher salt
2 cups sugar
2 tbsp. white pepper, ground 2 tbsp. crushed red pepper
4 cups cold water
1⁄2 cup crushed tomato
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
1 tbsp. crushed red chile
4 oz. water
4 oz. beer
1 tbsp. white vinegar
1 five gallon bucket
1 oven/charcoal grill
1. Mix salt, sugar, white pepper, crushed red pepper and cold water to make brine in a 5 gallon bucket.
2. Add Pork Belly and weigh down so it’s fully submerged in brine liquid.
3. After 24-48 hours, remove from brine and pat dry.
4. Cook in a roasting pan in oven or charcoal grill (preferred) skin side up at 300°F for 3-4 hours, or until fork tender.
5. Mix remaining ingredients to prepare Moppin’ Sauce.
6. Once Pork Belly is cooked, baste with sauce and serve with fresh tortillas or crusty rolls.