Alligator Hush Puppies
• Prep Time: 25 minutes • Yields: 8-10 servings
1. Using a deep fryer, heat oil to 365°F, or per manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Season Alligator meat with salt and pepper and sauté in a skillet over medium heat until done.
3. Set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients, mixing well.
4. Add meat, stir to blend and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Use an ice cream scooper to grab batter and gently drop them into the oil; rinse and dry the scoop as needed to keep the batter from sticking.
6. Cook the hush puppies, 8-10 pieces at a time, until golden brown.
7. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and roll on paper towels to briefly drain.
8. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.