Falafel Spiced Kangaroo Loin with Chili-Herb Pesto
• Prep Time: 25 minutes • Yields: 4-6 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Boneless Kangaroo, 2 lbs.
2 tbsp. cumin seed
2 tbsp. coriander seed
1 tsp. chili flakes
1 tsp. ground garlic
1 tsp. ground onion
2 tbsp. canola oil
Fine sea salt to taste
1 cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro leaves, thinly sliced
1 serrano chili, seeded and minced
1 tbsp. minced ginger
1 tbsp. minced shallot
1 tbsp. minced garlic
¼ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Measuring cups & spoons
1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. To make the chili herb pesto sauce; combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
3. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Sauce should be somewhat loose.
4. If thick and pasty, add a little lemon juice and olive oil to loosen it up, then set aside.
5. Season the kangaroo loin with sea salt and set aside.
6. In a food processor or blender combine the ginger, cumin seed, coriander seed, and
chili flake and grind.
7. Mix in ground garlic and onion. Season the whole loin with the spice mixture.
8. Heat the oil on high in a pan big enough to fit the kangaroo loin and sear on all sides to
create a crust.
9. After you have seared all sides, place pan in the oven and roast for 7-10 minutes.
10. Internal temperature should be 130°F for medium rare, which is the optimal temperature
for serving kangaroo loin.
11. Let rest for 5 minutes and slice. Serve with Pesto on the side and enjoy!