Grilled Duck Breast with Figs, Shallots & Potato Gratin
• Prep Time: 1 hour 45 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Remove the duck breasts from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you intend to prepare it and score the skin crosswise.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut into fine slices with a knife or a mandolin.
3. Mix the egg yolk with the milk and stir in the potato slices and cheese. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4. Grease four muffin cups and fill with potato mixture. Cook in the oven at 325°F for 15- 20 minutes.
5. Peel and cut two figs into eighths. Cut the remaining unpeeled figs into eighths.
6. In a small pot, add sugar and 1 cup of water. Stir quickly until the water is fully absorbed.
7. Turn on the stove to medium heat and add the peeled and thinly sliced shallots.
8. Stir the shallots into the sugar solution, then pour in the lemon juice, and cover pan. Allow to cook for 5 minutes before removing from heat.
9. Add the peeled figs to the marmalade with 1 tbsp. of water, let it cook on low heat for about 1 hour.
10. Preheat grill to 400°F - 450°F cook the duck breasts for about 12 minutes on both sides.
11. Cook for 3 minutes, divided into four parts of the duck breasts: the first three minutes on the skin, then flip it over.
12. Pour the honey and salt on the cooked skin and cook for three more minutes. Repeat this twice.
13. Cover duck breasts with aluminum foil, then let them rest for 1 minute.
14. Slice them thinly on their shorter. horizontal side. Serve the duck breasts with sauce and potato gratin garnish with reaming figs. Enjoy!