Haricot Verts with Roasted Mushrooms & Crispy Fried Shallots
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 4 servings
1. Heat canola oil in medium pot until it reaches 350 - 375°F.
2. Toss sliced shallots in corn starch and shake off excess. Carefully drop in oil and fry until shallots are crispy, 2 - 4 minutes.
3. Remove from oil, place on a paper towel lined plate, and season with salt. Allow oil to completely cool before discarding.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Slice mushrooms into quarters and toss in olive oil and garlic. Then, place mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast for 5 - 10 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crisp.
6. Remove from oven and set aside.
7. Cook haricot verts in salted boiling water until tender, 5 - 6 minutes.
8. Drain haricot verts well and toss with butter and roasted mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. To serve, place on serving platter and top with crispy shallots.