Piedmontese Beef Picadillo
• Prep Time: 25 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and ground beef.
2. Cook breaking the beef apart and stirring often, until meat is evenly browned and onions are tender.
3. Drain the excess liquid/grease from the pan and add the cumin, oregano, capers, salt and pepper.
4. Stir and cook for an additional minute or so, then add the garlic and cook for two more minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
5. Turn the heat down to low-medium then pour in the tomato sauce and stir.
6. Bring the sauce to a low simmer, then turn the heat off and stir in the olives, raisins, and the minced bell pepper.
7. Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!