Wild Boar Cuban Sandwiches
1 Fossil Farms Wild Boar Shoulder Roast; 5 lb. average
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. ground cumin
2 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. orange juice
1 lb. Swiss cheese, thickly sliced
2 cups dill pickle chips
8-10 white demi baguettes
4 tbsp. yellow mustard
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 lb. honey ham, thinly sliced
1. Mix olive oil, salt, cumin, oregano, black pepper, red pepper, garlic, lime juice, and orange juice in a small bowl.
2. Make slits in the wild boar shoulder with a paring knife and liberally rub the entire shoulder with the oil and herb mixture.
3. Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with the remaining juices from the bowl.
4. Cover and cook on low until tender, flipping once halfway through, about 6 hours.
5. Remove from slow cooker and let cool slightly.
6. Shred the pork into thick chunks with 2 forks. Set pulled pork aside and keep warm in the cooking liquid.
7. Slice the demi baguettes open and smear both sides with mustard.
8. Layer on the Swiss cheese, ham, pulled pork, and pickles.
9. Butter the bottom and top of the outside of the baguettes. Heat skillet over medium high heat.
10. Place sandwiches in the skillet and top with a sheet of baking paper. Then, place a heavy skillet or pot on the baking paper to compress the sandwiches.
11. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted.
12. Let sandwiches stand 1 minute before cutting in half. Serve immediately and enjoy!