Smoked Pekin Duck Sausage Soup with Kale & Farro
• Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes • Yields: 2 - 4 servings
1. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling add farro with a dash of salt. Cook for 15 minutes, or until farro grains are tender, then drain any excess water if needed and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the stock pot over med-high heat.
3. Add the smoked Pekin Duck sausages, cook until brown on all sides. Transfer to a cutting board and cool.
4. Once cool, slice the sausages in ¼ inch disks and set aside.
5. In the same pot over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, season with salt and peppers. Allow the vegetables to cook until tender.
6. Add potatoes and Duck bone broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, and add trimmed chopped kale, thyme and cut sausage.
7. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are fully cooked and the kale is tender.
8. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately and enjoy!