Venison Flank Steak Pinwheels with Calabrian Chili Pepper Sauce
1 Fossil Farms Venison Flank Steak; 1 lb. average
2 tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. calabrian chili peppers, crushed
5 roasted garlic cloves
½ tsp. lemon zest
1 cup baby arugula
1 cup pecorino romano, grated/shredded
2. Place steak on a cutting board between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap.
3. Pound each side of the steak using a meat mallet until the steak is an even ¼” thickness.
4. Remove flank steak from plastic wrap and spread calabrian chili sauce evenly on the top side of the steak.
5. Top with pecorino romano cheese and baby arugula.
6. Starting at one side of the long edge, roll flank steak up tightly.
7. Starting at the center of steak, slide a piece of twine underneath the roll and tie it.
8. Then, tie 5 more pieces of twine around the steak that are approximately ½” apart. Trim the twine.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut the steak into ½” thick slices.
10. Add canola oil to large skillet at medium-high heat to sear the pinwheels.
11. Place steak pinwheels in the pan and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
12. Use a spatula to flip and cook until browned on the other side, about 2 minutes.
13. Remove pinwheels from heat and tent with foil for 5 minutes.14. Cut the twine, and plate venison pinwheels. Sprinkle with more pecorino romano before serving.