Wagyu Beef Sliders with Horseradish Pickles & Tomato Jam
1 pack Fossil Farms Wagyu Beef Sliders; 5 each at 1.75 oz.
2 cups filtered water
1 cup white vinegar
3 tbsp. salt
2 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. whole coriander seeds
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp. pickling spice
1 tsp. mustard seeds
¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
3 tbsp. dill seeds, optional
½ lb. cucumbers, spears or coins
2 tbsp. horseradish root
2 fresh dill flower heads
1½ lbs. ripe tomatoes, cored and
½ cup of brown sugar
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. minced ginger
1 tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
⅛ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. salt kosher salt
1 jalapeño, minced
1 pack party rolls
Method (Horseradish Pickles):
1. In a one quart saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt, sugar, coriander seeds, garlic, pickling spice, mustard seeds, and crushed red pepper over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add dill seeds here, if using.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil. Then, shut off the heat and set aside. Allow to cool to room temperature (you can set the pan in an ice bath to cool faster).
3. Using a wide-mouthed pint jar, put 1 tablespoon of horseradish on the bottom. Add two flower heads of fresh dill to the jar.
4. Tightly pack as many cucumber spears or coins as possible into the jar. Top with another tablespoon of horseradish.
5. Pour cooled pickling liquid into jar, ensuring cucumbers are completely submerged in pickling liquid. Cover each jar tightly with a lid and place in the refrigerator until ready to consume.
Method (Tomato Jam & Sliders):
1. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until mixture has consistency of thick jam. Taste, and adjust seasoning as desired. Then, allow jam to cool before refrigerating. Tomato jam will keep in the refrigerator for at least a week.
3. Oil grill racks. Then, turn all the grill burners onto high heat and preheat with lid closed for 10-12 minutes.
4. Split party rolls in half, put them cut side down on the grill, and toast for 2 minutes. Smear insides of roll with butter before placing on platter and tent with foil.
5. Place burgers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes. Then, flip burgers and grill for 2-3 more minutes.
6. Add one burger to each roll as you take them off the grill. Then, top with homemade horseradish pickles and tomato jam.