Venison Medallions & Mushroom Scallopini
• Prep Time: 40 minutes • Yields: 2 - 6 servings
2 pkgs. Fossil Farms' Venison Medallions, 3 x 4 Oz.
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. crushed garlic
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup beef stock
3 tbsp. sherry
2 tsp. lemon juice
Salt & pepper to taste
1 sprig cilantro or parsley
Large saute pan
Meat tenderizer mallet
Measuring spoons & cups
1. Slightly pound the Venison medallions to flatten, then season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a heavy-based saute pan.
3. Saute the Venison medallions over high heat for 1 minute per side until meat is just browned.
4. Remove the Venison medallions from the pan, then reduce the heat to medium.
5. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic and mushroom, to the pan.
6. Cook until the mushrooms are dry and brown, then stir in the sherry and beef stock.
7. Bring sauce mixture to a simmer for a least 1 minute.
8. Mix lemon juice and cornstarch to create a paste then mix into the sauce, stirring continuously
until the sauce thickens and boils.
9. Add the cooked Venison medallions to the pan with the sauce and heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
10. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh herbs, serve and enjoy!