Venison Stew with Pumpkin
• Prep Time: 2 hours 20 minutes • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, saute the onion in oil on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Add Venison stew meat and 1 teaspoon salt, brown 5 to 7 minutes. Add the fresh crushed tomatoes, cook 1 minute.
4. Add remaining ingredients except pumpkin, cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender, about 1 ½ hours.
5. Add the pumpkin (or squash) and cook an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
6. Taste for salt and adjust as needed, discard bay leaves and thyme springs.
7. Use large ladle to serve the soup and enjoy.