Lemon Garlic Yak Steak with Parsley Sweet Potato Frites
Download The Recipe!
• Prep Time: 45 minutes • Yields: 2 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Yak Strip Steak, avg. 10 oz.
1 ea. lemon, zested and juiced
1 ea. clove garlic, minced
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 ea. large sweet potato
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
1 tsp. sea salt
Stove & Oven
Measuring spoons & cups
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Peel the potato and cut into matchstick french fries. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and spread the frites out on a parchment lined sheet tray.
3. Roast in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt and parsley. Rub the Yak steak with the lemon zest, garlic and ½ teaspoon of the salt.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an oven safe saute pan. When oil is shimmering and very hot, add the steak and sear on one side until golden brown.
6. Flip the steak and add the lemon juice to the pan, then put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes to finish the cooking process, to medium/medium-rare.
7. Don’t overcook or the steak will be tough. Allow steak to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
8. Serve the steak with a side of parsley sweet potato frites and enjoy!