Antelope Kofta with Spinach Bulgur Salad
• Prep Time: 45 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cook bulgur according to package directions and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
3. In large bowl, mix together 1 cup of bulgur, ground antelope, yellow onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, allspice, coriander and salt/pepper to taste.
4. Form antelope mixture into 8 balls, lightly pressing so they become patties.
5. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Place antelope patties on baking sheet, leaving at least an inch of space between them.
7. Bake in preheated oven until internal temperature reaches 160°F, about 20 minutes.
8. While patties are cooking, mix together olive oil, vinegar, thyme, and salt/pepper to taste in a shaker bottle, or whisk well in a small bowl.
9. Place spinach, remaining bulgur, red onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl and toss with the dressing in step 8.
10. Remove the kofta from oven and let rest for 2 minutes before serving.
11. Add your salad to a plate and serve sprinkled with feta cheese alongside the kofta.