Bison Back Ribs with Classic BBQ Rub
1 package Fossil Farms’ Bison Back Ribs; 2 racks per pack, 4 lb. average
2 tbsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. onion powder
4 tbsp. finely ground black pepper
4 tbsp. brown sugar
4 tbsp. ancho chili powder
2 tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. whole coriander
2 tbsp. fennel seeds
4 tbsp. ground sage
2 tbsp. blended oil
½ cup melted butter, stock or apple juice
BBQ sauce of your choice
1. Preheat grill to 400°F.
2. Sear meatier side of ribs for 3 minutes to lock juices into meat. Pull off grill and let rest.
3. Preheat oven to 300°F.
4. Combine all spices in a small bowl, and mix thoroughly.
5. Coat the ribs with oil. Then, generously apply the rub until it is completely covered on both sides.
4. Rip a large sheet of aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Raise all edges of foil to create a bed for ribs. Pour in your choice of butter, stock, apple juice to provide a source of moisture for ribs as they cook.
5. Put ribs in oven and cook for a minimum of 4 hours, or until fork tender.
6. When ribs are near done, take out of oven, pull back aluminum foil, and baste ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.
7. Turn broiler on and put ribs back in oven, uncovered. Let BBQ sauce get a little char before removing from oven. Repeat steps 6 and 7 one more time, if desired.
8. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then, slice, serve and enjoy
Get the Recipe!