Berkshire Pork Bacon Apple Pie
1 pack Fossil Farms Berkshire Pork Smoked Bacon; 1 lb.
1 premade pie crust
¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. teaspoon ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
6 cups slices peeled Fuji apples
9” pie dish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Unroll pie crust, put into a 9” pie dish, and fold edges over.
2. In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients with a fork.
3. Add apples slices to bowl, and toss to coat completely.
4. Pour apple slices into pie crust, spooning sugar mixture and accumulated juices over apples.
5. Add the bacon slices in a lattice design over filling, and gently press ends of strips, sealing to pie crust.
6. Cover pie with aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Then, remove the foil and bake for 40 more minutes, or until crust is golden brown and bacon is crisp.
8. Remove pie from baking sheet, and cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour before cutting into slices.