Duroc Pork Baby Back Ribs with Desert Dust
1 package Fossil Farms’ Duroc Pork Baby Backs Ribs; 2.5 lb. average
½ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup salt
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. celery seeds
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground chipotle
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. ground sumac
½ tsp. ground thyme
½ tsp. ground tumeric
1 pinch ground clove
1 pinch ground fennel
1 pinch ground fenugreek
1 pinch ground mace
2 tbsp. blended oil
½ cup melted butter, stock or apple juice
BBQ sauce of your choice
1. Preheat grill to 400°F.
2. Sear meatier side of ribs for 3 minutes to lock juices into meat. Pull off grill and let rest.
3. Preheat oven to 300°F.
4. Combine sugar, salt, and all spices in a small bowl, and mix thoroughly.
5. Coat the ribs with oil. Then, generously apply the rub until it is completely covered on both sides.
6. Place an oven-safe wire rack on a baking sheet with a wire rack. Rip a large sheet of aluminum foil and all edges of foil to create a bed for ribs. Pour in your choice of butter, stock, apple juice or water to provide a source of moisture for ribs as they cook. Then, cover ribs with remaining foil.
7. Put ribs in oven and cook for a minimum of 2 hours, or until fork tender.
8. When ribs are near done, take out of oven, pull back aluminum foil, and baste ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.
9. Turn broiler on and put ribs back in oven, uncovered. Let BBQ sauce get a little char before removing from oven. Repeat steps 6 and 7 one more time, if desired.
10. Let rest for 5 minutes. Then, slice, serve, and enjoy!