• Prep Time: 55 minutes • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. In a large pot, cook the vegetable oil and minced garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes or until softened and fragrant.
2. Once heated, add onions and bell peppers, then stir until they caramelize and become semi-translucent, which takes about 5 minutes.
3. Add the Bison ground into the mixture and mix well, stirring until cooked.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, chipotle pepper paste, cilantro, oregano, and ground cumin and mix through.
5. Pour in the beef stock and season with salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25-35 minutes.
7. About 10 minutes before the chili is done, add the red pinto beans (optional) and continue simmering until they are heated.
8. Serve by topping with garnishes such as shredded cheese, sliced green onion, or chopped cilantro. Enjoy!