Bison Skirt Steak with Lemongrass Teriyaki
• Prep Time: 25 hours 15 minutes • Yields: 2 - 4 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Bison Skirt Steak, avg.1.25 lbs
1. Grind lemon-grass, garlic and ginger in a food processor until coarsely chopped then set aside in a small container.
2. Combine all ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Allow the mixture to steep for 5 minutes, then strain and chill marinade in the refrigerator for one hour.
4. After the mixture is chilled, marinate the Bison skirt steak for 4-6 hours or overnight (recommend method).
5. In a cast iron skillet, sear the skirt steak over high heat for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Baste with any leftover marinade as it's cooking.
6. Remove steak from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving over steam rice or vegetables.