Buttery Angus Beef Filet Mignon with Roasted Asparagus
• Prep Time: 30 minutes • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and season both sides of your filets with salt and pepper.
2. Trim asparagus and toss it in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet over a layer of aluminum foil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place asparagus in the oven to roast for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through and lightly browned.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large cast iron pan over medium high heat.
5. Add filets and allow to sear for 3-5 minutes or until a nice crust has developed.
6. Flip the filets and add your butter, garlic and fresh herbs to the pan.
7. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes while basting the steaks with the butter.
8. Transfer the pan to the oven and allow to cook until your desired temperature is reached (about 3 minutes for medium rare).
9. Remove pan from oven and allow steaks to rest on a cutting board.
10. Check on asparagus, at this point they should be tender and golden.
11. Pull the tray out of the oven and sprinkle the shaved Parmesan on the asparagus.
12. Return to the oven for about 1 minute, just enough to melt the Parmesan cheese.
13. When Parmesan has melted, remove asparagus from the oven.
14. Serve filets with asparagus and, if you’d like, some simple rice or pasta. Enjoy!