Kangaroo Ragu Pasta
• Prep Time: 3 hours 20 minutes • Yields: 6-8 servings
Fresh herbs for garnish
1. Preheat heavy bottomed pot (dutch oven) to medium.
2. Add the oil, 3 tablespoons butter and chopped onion and cook until the onion has become translucent.
3. Add grated carrot and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Add ground Kangaroo with a large pinch of salt and a few cracks of fresh black pepper.
5. Crumble the meat with a spoon/spatula and cook through until no longer pink.
6. Add milk and dash of nutmeg. Simmer until it has bubbled completely away.
7. Add the wine and simmer until it is fully evaporated.
8. Add tomatoes, stir thoroughly and cook on low for 2-3 hours until much of the juice has evaporated. If it reduces too much, add a small amount of water.
9. In medium pot boil the pasta following the box instructions. Add fish sauce, 1 tablespoons butter, and cooked pasta. Coat thoroughly.
10. Mix the sauce and pasta, or divide pasta into bowls and top with Kangaroo ground meat sauce.
11. Divide up into bowls and top with a generous amount of fresh parmigiana-reggiano cheese and the herbs.