Pumpkin and Coffee Spiced Rubbed for Berkshire Pork Chops
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 2 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms Berkshire Pork Bone- In Loin Chops, 2 ea. 13 oz.
2 tbsp. pumpkin spice ground
2 tbsp. Ancho Chile powder
2 tbsp. espresso-roast coffee beans, finely ground
1 tbsp. sweet paprika
1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
½ tbsp. dry mustard
½ tbsp. kosher salt
½ tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
½ tbsp. oregano, dried
½ tbsp. coriander, ground
1 tsp. ginger, ground
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
5 tbsp. olive oil
1. Position an oven rack in the top third of the oven and preheat the broiler to 425°F.
2. Combine all the ingredients (besides pork) in a bowl and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Drizzle the pork chops with 2 tablespoons olive oil and evenly sprinkle the rub all over, patting to adhere.
4. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Heat a large cast-iron skillet or heavy oven-proof skillet over medium to high heat, and sear the pork chops.
6. There will be a bit of smoke, but the chops are not burning - it is just smoke from the spices in the rub.
7. Allow to sear for 2-3 minutes each side before transferring the skillet to the oven, broiling for 6 - 8 minutes or until done.
8. When ready, an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork should register 145°F.
9. Remove from oven and allow the pork to rest for 5 minutes before serving with green beans, salad and mash potatoes, or your favorite sides.