Berkshire Pork Chops with Smoked Pepper Relish, Radish, Pear & Togarashi
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Berkshire Pork French Rack, 6 lbs.
1. Remove packaging from French Rack. Slice into individual chops.
2. In a stainless steel pot add the ¼ cup salt, star anise, red chili flakes, cinnamon sticks, orange juice, 6 garlic cloves and 1 sliced lemon.
3. Bring to a simmer in medium-high heat then, allow to cool to room temperature.
4. Chill in refrigerator and brine pork chops for at least 6 hours.
5. Preheat smoker to 200°F-250°F. Smoke bell peppers in smoker for 2-3 hours.
6. Once bell peppers are ready, place in mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 20 minutes.
7. Peel and seed bell peppers, chop and reserve.
8. Grate tomatoes on box grater into stainless steel pot.
9. In the same pot add the 2½ cups white vinegar, 2 cups sugar, the remaing garlic cloves, and the ginger and reduce by half.
10. Cool and fold in chopped bell peppers to reserved liquid.
11. Pre-heat the grill to 400°F.
12. Grill pork chop to internal temperature of 140°F, roughly 6 minutes each side.
13. Once grilled on first side, spread pepper jam on top of chop so it bakes on as it finishes grilling.
14. In mixing bowl, add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and togarashi and whisk to form a light vinaigrette.
15. Add pears, radishes, and greens and toss to coat. Place one pork chop on each plate and top with a salad. Enjoy!