Cranberry, Wild Boar, Apple and Sage Stuffing
• Prep Time: 55 minutes • Yields: 6 servings
1. Leave cubed bread out overnight to dry out, or toast in an oven at 300°F for 25 minutes, or until bread begins to dry out.
2. Gather ingredients and a medium sauce pot. Remove sausage from casing.
3. On medium-high heat, place two tablespoons of oil into pot and begin to cook sausage.
4. Once sausage is cooked, remove from pot and set aside. Add the butter and let melt.
5. Then add the onion, celery and garlic into pot and sauté until vegetables become translucent.
6. Add the apples, rosemary, and sage into pot. Place the crumbled sausage back into the pot.
7. Next, add Chicken stock and season to taste. Give another stir and remove from heat.
8. In a mixing bowl, place the cubed sourdough and then add your sausage and vegetable mix with stock into the mixing bowl.
9. Stir to make sure all the bread has absorbed the liquid.
10. Place the stuffing into a baking pan and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, until the surface turns golden brown. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!