Duck Confit Arancini
• Prep Time: 1 hour 45 minutes • Yields: 10 -12 servings
1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until these ingredients are translucent and fragrant.
2. Put in the Arborio rice and toast slightly in oil. De-glaze pan with white wine and reduce by half.
3. Add chicken stock, one cupful at a time, until liquid has mostly absorbed, while constantly stirring for approximately 20 minutes, or until rice is cooked through.
4. Take the Duck confit meat off of bone and shred.
5. Add the fresh herbs, duck meat and butter to pan and stir together.
6. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a large bowl.
7. Use a cookie or ice cream scooper to make balls of rice mixture, and place on a baking sheet.
8. Allow the riceballs to cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
9. Dredge riceballs in flour then, dip in eggs, and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
10. Deep fry riceballs or bake at 325°F until golden brown and hot throughout.
11. Serve with the grated Parmesan cheese, garnish with more herbs, and enjoy!