Crispy Oven-Fried Chicken with Baked Sweet Potato Fries
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into ½-inch thick wedges.
3. Put the sweet potatoes into a large bowl, and add the olive oil.
4. Mix well to combine. Sprinkle with salt and the Cajun seasoning.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Set aside to prepare the chicken.
6. In large baking dish, mix together the corn oil and melted butter. Dip the chicken thighs to coat all sides.
7. Combine the Italian seasoning, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, and crispy rice cereal in a medium mixing bowl.
8. Dip the chicken in the crumb mixture, again coating on all sides. Place back in the baking dish, skin side up (if using skin-on thighs).
9. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown, crispy and 165°F internally.
10. While chicken is cooking, bake the sweet potatoes for 15 to 25 minutes.
11. After the first 10 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn over all of the sweet potato pieces.
12. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 to 15 minutes, or until they are well browned, and cooked through.
13. When both the chicken and sweet potatoes are ready, serve with your favorite condiment or sauce. Enjoy!