Wild Boar Sausage and Spinach Quiche
• Prep Time: 55 minutes • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate, then transfer pastry to the plate.
2. Trim pastry to half inch beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
3. Line un-pricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
4. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice, or pie weights. Bake the pastry for 8 minutes.
5. Remove foil and weights; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
6. While pie crust is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Remove the casing from the wild boar sausages, then brown until cooked through.
7. Transfer the cooked sausage to a plate to rest for 2 minutes. In the same pan, saute the onions until translucent, then mix in the spinach, sausage, and parsley.
8. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat before spooning mixture into the pastry shell, and sprinkle with the goat cheese.
9. In a large bowl, add the eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Beat with a hand mixer until completely combined.
10. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell. Place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes or until the center is just set.
11. Let sit for 20 minutes and serve warm to room temperature. Enjoy!