Grilled Venison Flank Steak with Garlic Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus & Pesto
• Prep Time: 45 minutes • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Preheat grill to 400°F - 450°F.
2. Place basil leaves into the food processor with 4 cloves garlic, pine nuts, and grated Parmesan cheese.
3. Chop the ingredients coarsely for a few seconds then add salt, and Pecorino Fiore Sardo cheese cut into small pieces.
4. Blend all the ingredients for about 1 minute. Now add ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil.
5. Blend for about 5 minutes, until you’ll get a creamy green pesto sauce add more oil, if desired. Set aside or place in the refrigerator.
6. Separately boil the potatoes with salt for 15 minutes or until they are almost ready.
7. In a large bowl, combine 2 cloves of garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, the cumin, the oregano, and salt and pepper.
8. Mix well and add the asparagus, boiled potatoes and toss to coat. Place in grill basket, shaking basket occasionally to turn and mix vegetables.
9. Season the venison flank steaks with salt and pepper, then grill next to the potatoes and asparagus over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until medium rare.
10. Allow venison flank steaks to rest before serving.
11. After resting, slice the steaks against the grain, add potatoes, asparagus and top with pesto.