Venison Loin Filet Wrapped with Berkshire Bacon
• Prep Time: 3 hours 45 minutes • Yields: 3-4 servings
1. Mix brown sugar, soy sauce and ground black pepper in bowl.
2. Roll venison loin filet in brown sugar soy mixture, until both sides are cover completely.
3. Place marinated Venison in zip-lock bag and let marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours. Keep remaining mixture, as you will need it later.
4. Remove venison loin filet from bag. Wrap each venison filet with the bacon tightly, then set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Place wrapped venison on resting rack then place the resting rack on sheet pan.
7. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes for a rare to med-rare finish.
8. Baste filets throughout the cooking process with baking brush using remaining marinade sauce.
9. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes on cutting board before slicing.
10. Cut the venison filet into ½ inch slices. Plate, serve, and enjoy!