Herb Marinated Yak Ribeye Steaks
• Prep Time: 2 hours 45 minutes • Yields: 6-8 servings
1. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, red pepper, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, thyme, and half of the chopped parsley.
2. Transfer the marinade to a large resealable bag and add the Yak steaks.
3. Close the bag and turn the steaks around to coat in the marinade.
4. Let marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
5. When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Heat a large oven-safe cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Add the yak steaks and cook until nicely browned and seared on one side.
8. Flip the steaks and place the skillet in the oven.
9. Cook until steaks reach desired level of doneness (past medium rare is not recommended), about 5-10 more minutes depending on the thickness of the steaks.
10. When in doubt, use your meat thermometer! The inside temperature should be 140°F.
11. Remove the steaks for the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite sides and wine.