Prep Time: 25 minutes • Yields: 3-4 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Kangaroo Ground, 1 lb.
½ small onion, minced
5 sprigs thyme leaves, chopped
½ cup water
½ tsp. lemon zest
Salt & black pepper to taste
½ tsp. caraway seeds
1 ½ tsp. vegetable oil
3 sandwich buns, split
3 leaves lettuce
3 thick slices tomato
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Kangaroo Burgers, 3 x 5.3 oz. (1 lb.)
Stove or Grill
Measuring spoons & cups
Cast iron skillet
1. Mix the ground Kangaroo, minced onion, caraway seed, thyme, and lemon zest together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
2. Shape the mixture into 3 balls and flatten.
3. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the burgers in the hot oil until desired temperature is reached. We recommended medium-rare, or 130°F.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 130°F.
5. Serve the burgers on the split buns with lettuce and tomato.