Oven Roasted Turkey
Prep Time: ~20 minutes per lb. • Yields: Varies according to Turkey Size (~1 lb. per person)
1 Fossil Farms Whole Turkey
Compound butter rub recipe
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Remove Turkey out of packaging the day before preparing and set in roasting pan. At this point in time, take out the packet of giblets from the Turkey cavity and
refrigerate so you don’t forget the next day.
2. Refrigerate uncovered Turkey overnight, which allows the skin to dry out before
cooking, making for a perfectly brown and crispy turkey.
3. Pull Turkey out of refrigerator and let come to room temperature before cooking, about one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 450°F. Position oven rack to the bottom third of the oven.
5. Stuff your Turkey before trussing, which keeps the wings and legs close to the body of the bird, ensuring all of the meat cooks evenly.
6. Whether you are using our compound butter rub recipe or regular butter, use a silicone spatula to apply butter between the skin and flesh of the bird. Try to spread as far down on both sides of the breastbone as possible.
7. Then, apply butter or olive oil all over the flesh of the bird. If you have not brined
your Turkey, be sure to add extra seasonings to the flesh of the Turkey, including salt, pepper, and your favorite spices.
8. Place Turkey in the oven and turn down the temperature to 335°F. If you have added stuffing to the cavity, cook time will be approximately 20 minutes per pound. Cook time for the bird only will be approximately 13 minutes per pound.
9. Baste Turkey with pan drippings every 45 minutes to avoid bird from drying out and losing its tenderness while roasting.
Get The Recipe!