Fossil Farms Partridge Roulade with Pear Vinaigrette Frisee Salad
Prep Time: 1 hour 40 minutes • Yields: 2 servings
2 pkgs. Fossil Farms Partridge,18 oz
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup unsalted butter
1 cup red wine jus
½ cup husk cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
4 ” sprig fresh rosemary leaves
removed and chopped finely
1 pinch sea salt
1 pear, cored & peeled
5 tbsp. pear vinegar
5 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. kosher salt
¼ tsp. ground pepper
2 heads of frisee lettuce
Bowls (Large & Medium)
Measuring spoons & cups
Medium sheet pan
Zip lock bag
Method (Agridulce Cherries):
1. Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients and stir to combine.
Bring the mixture to a simmer before reducing the heat to low.
2. Continue to simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cherries are soft and transparent.
3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Store in a Mason jar or glass container
Method (Pear Vinaigrette Frisee Salad):
1. Peel and core the pear. Add the pear, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper to the blender.
2. Whirl around enough to break up the pear and create an almost creamy mixture.
3. Add the olive oil and whirl to completely emulsify, about 1 minute or less. Set aside until serving.
4. Wash the frisee lettuce and dry before serving by mixing with the pear vinaigrette dressing.
Method (Roulade & Stuffing):
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium bowl add the ground pork, fennel seeds, rosemary, salt, and pepper, mix well. Set aside and continue with the partridge.
3. Debone the partridges, completely eliminating their rib cage, legs, and wings, leaving only the breast.
4. Place boneless partridge breasts in plastic zipper storage bag and pound them with a meat mallet. You are looking for about ¼ inch thickness. Add ¼ cup of filling at one end of the pounded breast, form into a log equal to the width of the pounded breast and roll tightly. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the roulades to a medium sheet pan, seam side down, then place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
6. Remove roulade from oven and let rest for 1-2 minutes before cutting to desired portions. Add a side salad or roasted potatoes, drizzle with red wine jus (check out our blog for this recipe)and garnish with the husk cherry agridulce.
7. Serve, and enjoy!