Piedmontese Sirloin Fillet with Mushroom Sauce
• Prep Time: 35 minutes • Yields: 2 servings
1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high. Season both sides of steaks with salt & pepper to taste.
2. Sear steaks in cast iron for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare, then remove from pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes, tented in aluminum foil.
3. While steak is cooking, make mushroom sauce: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
4. Cook mushrooms until they’ve softened and released their liquid, about 5 minutes.
5. Add shallot and cook for another 2-4 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
6. Add garlic & thyme, cook for another 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and softened.
7. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Add beef stock and cook until it is reduced to about ½ cup of liquid.
8. Stir in heavy cream and cook until sauce thickens slightly. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
9. Serve steaks whole or sliced with the mushroom sauce, alongside your favorite sides. Enjoy!