Pumpkin Tacos with Bison Chipotle Sausage
• Prep Time: 35 minutes • Yields: 6-8 servings
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss pumpkin cubes with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, and the kosher salt.
3. Place on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to the oven; cook for 10 minutes.
4. Using tongs or a spatula, flip the pumpkin pieces. Return to oven.
5. Continue flipping pumpkin pieces every 10 minutes until they are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes total.
6. Roast until fork tender and evenly browned.
7. Pour remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat.
8. Remove the Bison chipotle sausages from casing and use a wooden spoon to break them apart.
9. Add the sausages to the skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
10. Add 1 to 2 chopped chipotles en adobo and 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir well and cook until very fragrant.
11. Add roasted pumpkin to the skillet with Bison sausages; stir until the pieces are evenly coated.
12. Serve pumpkin and sausage filling in 12 warmed corn tortillas, topped with a sprinkle of shredded red cabbage, toasted pumpkin seeds and the fresh chopped cilantro.