Wild Game Chili
• Prep Time: 55 minutes • Yields: 12-16 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Bison Ground Meat, 1 lb.
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Venison Ground Meat, 1 lb.
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Elk Ground Meat, 1 lb.
1 pkg. Fossil Farms' Piedmontese Ground Meat, 1 lb.
2 large yellow onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 stalks celery, diced
5 (16 oz. cans) crushed tomatoes
1 (16 oz. can) tomato sauce
1 small Anaheim chili pepper, chopped
1 (16 oz. can) navy beans
1 (16 oz. can) kidney beans
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup red wine
Salt & pepper to taste
Measuring cups & spoons
1. In a large pot, cook the olive oil and minced garlic over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
2. Once heated, add onions and stir until they caramelize and become semi-translucent which takes about 5 minutes.
3. Add the ground game meats into the mixture and mix well, stirring until cooked through.
4. Add celery, garlic, pepper, and chili powder and mix through.
5. Deglaze with red wine, add beans and mix through.
6. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
7. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low heat to medium low cover and simmer for 25-35 minutes.
8. Serve by topping with scoop of sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro.