Roasted Elk Rib Rack with Demi-glace
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. Liberally season rib rack with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a heavy bottom sauté or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once pan feels warm, add oil and heat until just barely smoking.
3. Sear rib rack on all sides. Then, reduce heat to medium and add garlic, herbs and butter.
4. Baste rib rack with butter, herbs, and garlic until desired doneness is achieved. We recommend cooking until internal temperature reaches 125°F. Be careful to not burn the butter or garlic while cooking.
5. Remove rack from pan and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving.
6. Add demi-glace to pan and heat for 2 - 3 minutes. Then, remove herbs and garlic from sauce.
7. Slice elk rack between each rib bone, drizzle with demi-glace, and serve immediately. Bon appetit!