Smoked Duck Sausage & Kale Soup
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Heat oil in stock pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add sausage and cook until brown on all sides.
3. Transfer sausage to cutting board and allow time to cool before slicing in ¼ inch disks.
4. Reduce heat and add onion, carrot, celery to pot.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook vegetables until tender. Add potatoes and chicken stock.
7. Once stock raises to boiling temperature, add kale, thyme and duck sausage.
8. Simmer for 45 minutes until potato is cooked and kale is tender.
9. Before serving, try broth and add more seasoning to taste. Enjoy!