Roasted Antelope with Sweet Onion Sauce
• Prep Time: 30 minutes • Yields: 6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat oil in a heavy, oven-proof roasting pan over medium-high heat.
3. Remove the pan from heat. Add onions, carrot, celery, and garlic to pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Remove pan from heat and place the antelope boneless loin on top of vegetables.
5. Place pan in preheated oven and roast to medium-rare, 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove the roast from pan and keep warm in foil.
7. Place roasting pan over high heat on stove-top, add wine, and deglaze pan.
8. Reduce to medium sauce consistency, add stock and reduce by half.
9. Strain into a saucepan, discard vegetables, and reheat sauce.
10. Whisk in butter, cut the antelope loin into serving portions, and spoon sauce over top.