Wild Boar Bolognese
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 4-6 servings
1. Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. While you wait for the water to boil, pour olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
3. Add the ground wild boar and cook until browned, breaking it up into chunks with a wooden spoon or spatula.
4. Add carrot and onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are fragrant, and begin to soften about 4 minutes.
5. Add garlic, oregano, and red pepper to the pan. Sauté for another minute or so, stirring constantly.
6. Add white wine into the mix and increase the heat to high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the wine has about evaporated, about 4-5 minutes.
7. Add chopped tomatoes, stir, and reduce the heat to low.
8. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
9. Add chicken broth to the pan, and return to a simmer.
10. Meanwhile, whisk the milk, and flour together in a small bowl.
11. Once the sauce is simmering again, whisk in the milk mixture.
12. Stir until the sauce has thickened a bit more, about 5 minutes.
13. Stir in ¼ cup of the chopped parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
14. Cover and keep warm.
15. Cook pasta according to package directions, or until al dente.
16. Toss pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan and parsley.