Wild Boar Koftas with Pita & Homemade Raita
• Prep Time: 30 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Thinly slice or grate cucumber. Place in clean cloth or cheesecloth.
2. Press out as much liquid as possible, or blot off moisture with a paper towel.
3. Add cucumber to yogurt and combine with chopped cilantro, salt & black pepper to taste in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Place the bowl in fridge and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
1. In mixing bowl, thoroughly combine wild boar ground meat, coriander, garlic, paprika, salt, cumin, and pepper flakes.
2. Preheat grill to 350°C-400°F.
3. Using ¼ cup ground wild boar mixture, mold around a skewer to form a sausage-shaped log.
4. Wet hands with cold water to help hands from getting sticky.
5. Grill over medium-high for 10-12 minutes. If using bamboo skewers, make sure the portion not surrounded with meat is not over the flames.
6. Turn koftas occasionally to brown uniformly. When cooked (with no hint of pink), twist and pull meat from skewers.
7. Cut pitas in half and warm briefly on grill.
8. Serve the wild boar koftas in the pita bread with the tomatoes, onions, lettuce, cilantro sprigs.
9.Top with a generous spoonful of raita sauce and enjoy
Get The Recipe!