• Prep Time: 20 minutes • Yields: 4 servings
1. Melt butter over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Carefully add heavy cream and whisk in.
3. Add sliced bananas and chopped pecans.
4. Mix into butter and sugar mixture.
5. Carefully add rum and ignite with a lighter to flambe and burn off excess alcohol.
6. Add dash of cinnamon. Set banana mixture aside in a warm place.
7. Heat separate skillet to medium high and place four portions of foie gras.
8. With sharp knife, score or cross-hatch the top side of each piece of foie gras and season with salt.
9. Sear foie gras for approximately 2-3 minutes per side then set aside.
10. A good amount of fat should have rendered out of the foie.
11. Toast brioche slices in rendered foie gras fat, then plate each piece of toast.
12. Top with one slice of foie gras and spoon warm banana mixture over it. Enjoy!