Foie Gras Toast with Jam and Herb Salad
• Prep Time: 20 minutes • Yields: 8 servings
1. Preheat both your oven to 350°F and a wide sauté pan to medium-high heat.
2. Cut bread into nice looking rectangles of similar size to the foie gras portions at about ½ to ¾ inches thick.
3. Make your simple herb salad by mixing the tarragon, parsley, chives, and arugula in a small mixing bowl.
4. Then, pour the olive oil, lemon juice, and a little salt and pepper to season the salad.
5. Put your bread in the oven to toast on a small sheet tray until lightly golden.
6. Meanwhile, season foie gras (kept cold) portions with salt and pepper.
7. Sear in preheated pan for 2 minutes on one side.
8. Carefully flip and continue to cook a maximum of 1 minutes on the other side.
9. If it looks like its melting too much, it’s done.
10. Take toast out of the oven and liberally spread your jam on the bread. You want a lot!
11. Place hot roasted foie gras on top of each one of the prepared toasts.
12. Plate your toast and nicely top with herb salad. Enjoy!
Get The Recipe!