Blackened Alligator Tenderloin Salad with Tahini Dressing
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. In a small bowl, combine the cayenne, black pepper, 1 tablespoon of the white pepper, and half teaspoon of the salt (or less according to taste).
2. Set the seasoning mixture aside.
3. Place the Alligator tenderloins in a shallow dish then, pour the Worcestershire sauce over the meat.
4. Marinate the Alligator for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, turning the meat several times.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the hot oven about 8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the marinated Alligator on both sides with the seasoning mixture then, coat a large cast iron skillet with the vegetable oil and heat until almost smoking.
8. Place the Alligator in the hot skillet and sear about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and break or cut into bite size pieces.
9. In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together the tahini and vinegar.
10. It should form a thick paste. Whisk in the garlic, salt and water, adding more water as needed to thin.
11. In a large bowl, combine the kale, and dressing as desired, and gently mix until the ingredients are well coated.
12. Plate salad, then blackened Alligator and garnish with roasted pecans. Enjoy!