Blackened Alligator Tenderloin Salad with Tahini Dressing
• Prep Time: 1 hour • Yields: 2-4 servings
1. In a small bowl, combine the cayenne, black pepper, 1 tablespoon of the white pepper, and half teaspoon of the salt (or less according to taste).
2. Set the seasoning mixture aside.
3. Place the Alligator tenderloins in a shallow dish then, pour the Worcestershire sauce over the meat.
4. Marinate the Alligator for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, turning the meat several times.
5. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut oil and vinegar with the remaining ½ teaspoon of white pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
6. Whisk until well blended, then set the dressing aside then preheat the oven to 350°F.
7. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the hot oven about 8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Sprinkle the marinated Alligator on both sides with the seasoning mixture then, coat a large cast iron skillet with the oil and heat until almost smoking.
9. Place the Alligator in the hot skillet and sear about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and break or cut into bite size pieces.
10. In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together the tahini and vinegar.
11. It should form a thick paste. Whisk in the garlic, salt and water, adding more water as needed to thin.
12. In a large bowl, combine the kale, and blackened Alligator. Add dressing as desired and gently mix until the ingredients are well coated.
13. Plate salad, then blackened Alligator and garnish with roasted pecans. Enjoy!