Braised Rabbit Pasta with Wild Mushrooms and Leek
• Prep Time: 3 hours 20 minutes • Yields: 6-8 servings
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium- high heat.
2. Season Rabbit with salt and black pepper, sear in olive oil until golden brown on all sides; remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. In the same skillet add garlic, onion, carrot and bay leaf and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add Rabbit, wine and stock and bring to slow simmer; cover and allow to cook for 60-90 minutes or until meat is tender and falling off the bone.
5. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. For Leeks and Mushrooms:
6. In large pot, melt butter, add leeks and sauté over medium heat until soft.
7. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
8. Add wine and allow to cook/reduce until almost dry.
9. Remove rabbit pieces from braising liquid. Pull meat off the bones by hand and set aside. Note: Rabbit meat has many small bones so be diligent.
10. Strain veggies from stock and discard. Return stock to stove in smaller pot and reduce by half.
11. Add leeks and mushrooms, and season to taste.
12. Prepare pasta following the box instructions. Cook, strain, and add to mushroom and leek sauce.
13. Place pasta mixture in a serving bowl with braised Rabbit. Add truffle peelings if desired and enjoy!