Grilled Bison NY Strip Steaks Marinated in Red Wine
• Prep Time: 6 hours 15 minutes • Yields: 6 servings
1. Place the extra-virgin oil and garlic in small bowl. Slowly add the red wine, whisking the white with a wire whisk to form an emulsion.
2. Add pepper to the bowl and mix well. Note: this marinade can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
3. Place the steaks in a non-aluminum pan and pour the marinade over the meat, turning to coat each piece evenly. Marinate the steaks for at least 6 hours or overnight, turning several times.
4. Pre-heat grill 400°F- 450°F. 5. Drain steaks from marinade and place them on the grill over direct heat.
6. Cook about 3-5 minutes per side, or until they are medium-rare. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
7. If preferred, slice against the grain into thin slices or serve whole with sides of your choice!