Grilled Pork Chops with Honey-Mustard
• Prep Time: 2 hours 45 minutes • Yields: 2 servings
1 pkg. Fossil Farms Pork Loin Chops 2 x 13 oz.
Salt & black pepper to taste
¼ dried apricots
1 ½ cups water
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
¼ cup finely minced shallots
2/3 cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup honey
1 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
Measuring cups & spoons
Small sauce pan
1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the apricots and water.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until the apricots are
tender and the liquid is reduced by half.
3. In a separate sauté pan, melt the butter, and sauté the shallots until softened but not brown.
4. Transfer the apricot mixture then the shallots to a food processor along with the vinegar,
mustard, honey, salt, and white pepper and puree until smooth.
5. Return the mixture to the saucepan and bring to simmer.
6. Simmer uncovered 8-10 minutes or until thickened. (Glaze can be cooled and stored in the
refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.)
7. Marinate the boar chops in a cup of the glaze for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
8. Preheat grill to 375°F.
9. Lift chops from marinade and drain briefly, reserving the marinade for later.
9. Place chops on a lightly greased grill 4-6 inches above a solid bed of medium coals.
10. Cook, brushing occasionally with marinade, and turning once, until meat near bone is no longer
pink, about 4-5 minutes per side.
11. Serve the chops with mashed potatoes, grilled veggies or rice. Garnish with more glaze, green
onions and sesame seeds.